Cert-A-Roof Orange County Real Estate News
Get the latest scoop on what’s going on in Orange County community and Cert-A-Roof – events, activities, stories, awards and other general news.
People Love Us On Yelp
Cert-A-Roof team is really happy to share that we are the 2017 “People Love Us On Yelp” Award Recipient.
A Big Thank You to all our customers for loving us, sharing positive feedback, and helping us get better. We truly appreciate your reviews and are quite grateful.
If you are buying a home, please make sure you get your roof thoroughly inspected and certified by the pros at Cert-A-Roof. The home inspectors are not experts on roof inspection. We’ve done over 50,000 roof inspections in Southern California, and are here to provide you the highest quality roof inspection. We invented the LeakFREE® Roof Certification which has become the Industry Standard.
Orange County median house price sets record at $795,000
Hot! Hot! Hot! “The median price of an existing single-family home hit $795,000 in Orange County last month, an all-time high for a slice of housing that represents almost two-thirds of the local market, the California Association of Realtors reported Tuesday, June 20.”
Last month’s house-price median — or price at the midpoint of all sales — was up 8.6 percent from May 2016, CAR figures show. House sales were up 5.9 percent year over year. – source OC Register
Orange homebuying jumps 10.7%
321 Orange residences sold in the past 12 months vs. 290 homes a year ago, according to CoreLogic, a sales gain of 10.7 percent vs. a 3.5 percent gain countywide. (five ZIP codes in Orange)
Villa Park homebuying jumps 54.5%
17 Villa Park homes sold vs. 11 homes a year ago, an awesome sales gain of 54.5 percent. In the Villa Park ZIP 92861, the median selling price was $1,365,000 vs. $ 1,260,000 a year ago, a gain of 8.3 percent according to CoreLogic.
Mission Viejo homebuying jumps 6%
According to story reported in Orange County Register, “Homebuying in Mission Viejo in 2017’s first three months outpaced a countywide sales advance.”
332 Mission Viejo residences sold in the past 12 months vs. 313 residences a year ago, an increase of 6.1 percent vs. a 3.5 percent increase countywide. – source CoreLogic and OC Register
Tustin homebuying jumps 11% to start 2017
According to story reported in Orange County Register, “Homebuying in Tustin in 2017’s first three months could not keep pace with the countywide sales pace.”
238 Tustin residences sold in the past 12 months vs. 215 residences a year ago, an increase of 11 percent vs. a 3.5 percent increase countywide. – source CoreLogic and OC Register
Homebuying dips in Huntington Beach
According to story reported in Orange County Register, “Homebuying in Huntington Beach in 2017’s first three months could not keep pace with countywide sales advance.”
432 Huntington Beach residences sold in the past 12 months vs. 455 resdinces a year ago, a loss of 5.1 percent vs. a 3.5 percent increase countywide. – source CoreLogic and OC Register
Three Orange County homeowners trends in 2017 vs. 2016
1. Prices rose in 66 of 83 Orange County ZIP codes; sales rose in 50 ZIPs.
2. 2,423 homes sold in the 27 least expensive ZIPs, up 5 percent. Highest median home price: $588,000. Sales rose 70%.
3. 2,630 homes sold in the 27 priciest ZIPs up 7.2 percent, where the medians start at $742,000. Sales rose in 59 percent of these ZIPs. – source CoreLogic and OC Register
Million Dollar homebuying binge in Orange County
1. 1-in-5 Orange County home sales tops seven figures.
2. Buyers spent $1 million or more on 7,147 homes sold in the 12 months ended April, an increase of 14.4 from the previous year.
3. The million-dollar buying binge equaled 18.7 percent of all homes sold in the past year, up from 16.9 percent in the previous year and almost double the 9.7 percent average share of sales priced in seven figures since 2000. – source CoreLogic and OC Register
Check here frequently for the latest news and articles on real estate in Orange County.